M e m o i r W r i t i n g W o r k s h o p
with Susan Hodara and Joan Potter
Susan Hodara and Joan Potter – both experienced memoir teachers – are now available to present memoir writing workshops in conjunction with Still Here Thinking of You. The program can range in length from two to six hours.
Here’s how it will work:
• We will give a short introduction about how our writing group began, how we started writing about our mothers, and how we decided to gather our memoirs into a book.
• We will each read an excerpt from our section of the book.
• The readings will be followed by a Q&A/discussion.
• Participants will then write their own memories. The amount of writing time will depend on the length of the program. For the six-hour workshop, there will be two writing periods.
• Participants will read their writings aloud and get feedback from the two writers and others in attendance.
Here’s how past participants have described their experience:
“informative,” “sensitive,” “inspiring, “wonderful,” “momentous!”
For more information and rates:
Susan at email@example.com or Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APRIL 11, Saturday:
(registration begins February 2)
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Bronxville Adult School
MARCH 14, Saturday:
11:00 - 3:00 pm
John C. Hart Memorial Library
MAY 3, Sunday:
Roeliff Jansen Community Library
MAY 19 & 26, Tuesday:
Mt Pleasant Library
OCTOBER 25 & NOV 1, Saturday:
Rye Arts Center:
OCTOBER 2, 9, 16, Thursday:
Bedford Free Library
OCTOBER 8, Wednesday:
Pelham Art Center